2022 Harryman Triathlon
HarryMan Triathlon – Olympic and Half May 21, 2022
We will be hosting the Half and Olympic races on the same day.
|Half (1.2M/56.1M/13.1M)||9:00 AM|
|Olympic (0.6M/28.3M/6.2M)||10:30 AM|
This race is limited to a combined field of 500 total participants, so register early to reserve your spot.
Lake Welch at New York’s Harriman State Park serves as the backdrop for this early season race. Only 30 miles from New York City, Harriman State Park’s scenic beauty and hilly terrain will make you feel like you’re in the Adirondacks.
Xterra Wetsuits is partnering with Genesis Adventures.
This year, we’ll continue offering great deals on wetsuits, speedsuits and accessories, as well as select inflatable paddle boards and other equipment. More information coming soon!
Registration and Pricing
HarryMan Triathlon, May 21, 2022
- Entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- All participants must either be a current USAT Member ($50/year) or purchase a one-day USAT license ($15) during registration process or on event day.
- All established USAT rules will be in effect and will be strictly enforced.
- You must be at least 16 years old to participate in the Genesis Adventures Olympic event.
- You must be at least 18 years old to participate in the Genesis Adventures Half event.
- You must be in good health and physically prepared to participate in the Genesis Adventures Olympic or the Genesis Adventures Half.
- You must show a photo ID to pick-up your race packet.
- If you provided a USAT Membership number during registration you MUST show proof of membership by presenting a membership card.*
- NO headphones may be used on the course.
- Registration closes at 11:59pm on 5/18/2022 if it doesn’t sell out first!
*If you cannot provide proof of membership a 1-day license must be purchased prior to participating.
- Entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- If the event is not sold out and you notify us prior to April 30th, we will attempt to transfer your entry to the following year.
- If the event is sold out the entry fee is NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-TRANSFERABLE.
- You may move from the Genesis Adventures Half to the Genesis Adventures Olympic, but no refunds will be issued.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for any inquiries regarding transfers.
Race Day Schedule
Rules and Guidelines
You must pick up your packet in person! You can pickup your race packet at the event site on Friday, May 21st, 3-6 PM or on event day beginning at 7:00 AM.
Have a photo ID and a USA Triathlon Membership Card ready OR $15 to pay for a one-day license at time of pick-up. Event sanctioning and insurance compliance require every participant of a USA Triathlon sanctioned event to be a member of USA Triathlon and to present a photo ID on race day. NO PHOTO ID = NO RACE, NO EXCEPTIONS.
For those who registered as a USAT member, a current USAT membership card MUST be presented. If proof of USAT membership cannot be shown, a one-day license will need to be purchased in order to participate.
Medals & Awards
All finishers will receive a Genesis Adventures Finisher Medal. Custom designed awards will be awarded 3 deep in each division for each event. The top 3 overall winners & special category winners will receive their respective awards and will be ineligible for age groups awards (no double awards). You must be present at the awards ceremony to collect your award.
Award Age Categories
65+ (Additional Age Categories added based on registrant ages)
- Clydesdale (Male Only)
- Athena (Female Only)
- Relay Teams (All Relay Teams)
Photos will be available online a few days after the event and can be purchased directly online or shared on social media for free! A link will be posted after the race to the event photos.
Race Timing Provided by Happily Running
Stony Point, NY: Click for weather forecast
Rules and Regulations
This event is sanctioned by USA Triathlon and we will be following USA Triathlon rules. USA Triathlon has issued a set of rules to maintain consistency and order from race to race across the country. These rules include sections on membership, and rules of conduct for swimming, cycling, running, and transition.
We highly recommend that all participants review the USA Triathlon Rules and Common Rules Violations.
Changes to Registration
Race day changes will not be available under any circumstance. For example, you may NOT switch from the Half to the Olympic or switch from the Olympic to the Half event. Any requests to change an existing registration must be received by email@example.com no later than April 30th.
Travel & Accommodations
Lake Welch Beach, Harriman State Park
Lake Welch Pkwy
Stony Point, NY 10980
From the WEST via Rt 17 – Take Orange County Rt 106 East. Go straight through the Kanawauke Circle toward Lake Welch Beach. After the underpass take a left into Lake Welch Beach. Follow the entrance Rd to the end near the beach where you will see the Transition Area.From the EAST via The Palisades Parkway – Exit 15 Gate Hill Rd, Follow Rt 106/Gate Hill Rd West. Take a Right at the stop sign to stay on Rt 106. After passing the Lake Welch Dam take a right into Lake Welch Beach. Follow the entrance Rd to the end near the beach where you will see the Transition Area.
There are many hotels available along Rt 17 in Mahwah, NJ
Beaver Pond Campgrounds
700 Kanawauke Rd
Stony Point, NY
Beaver Pond Campgrounds adjoins the Lake Welch Recreation Area within Harriman State Park. The campgrounds include tent and trailer sites, as well as accommodations for larger vehicles. Comfort stations, showers, laundry facilities and a dumping station are part of the campgrounds.
For online reservations, Visit ReserveAmerica.